DIY for the Office - Transform Magazine Holders into Recycle & Shred Boxes

I love to recycle, but I don't necessary love the blue plastic bins for recycling.  NOT. CUTE.

I made a cheery recycling box for under my kitchen sink here and that made me realize I needed to create something for my office. Throwing paper into piles on the floor wasn't really working very well any more.

I spend quite a bit of time at my office desk and typically have a ginormous pile of paper that needs my attention. I wanted a quick (and stylish) way to sort papers. A place to put papers to recycle and a place to put items to shred. At my fingertips. 




Supplies
Two wooden magazine holders (got mine at Ikea)
Spray Paint
Scrapbook or Decorative Paper
Bookplates or something to hold labels
Mod Podge

Primed and Sprayed wood magazine holders.



Cut paper to fit the front of each of the holders and Mod Podged it. (used a few coats)


Printed up labels onto scrapbook paper.


Attached Bookplates.
These were adhesive but you could also use screw on label holders, etc.


 Let the recycling and shredding begin.

What a great feeling to get RID OF PAPER.

Happy Organizing!

Love, Steph