Easy & Elegant Paper Easter Eggs



Plastic Eggs + Paper + Glue = Easy & Elegant Paper Eggs

Create a basket or bowl full of elegant paper eggs. Use them for Easter or to accent a room.

Supplies:
Plastic Eggs (Medium to Large Size)
Paper (scrapbook, Wrapping Paper, etc)
Mod Podge Glue (Lustre Finish)
Foam Brush


Start with your paper. I selected a few complementary colors/patterns. But you could also go with one pattern for all the eggs. You'll probably only need 2-3 sheets depending upon how many eggs you cover.

Cut, tear or use punches to get your paper into small pieces. 
I cut some with decorative scissors, punched some out with a mini round punch, and cut out thin strips for the rest. (The thin strips were the easiest to apply).

 I sprayed my pieces lightly with a fine mist of water before I glued them.
It helped make the paper a little more malleable. 

Dip your brush into the Mod Podge (I used the Lustre Finish so there would be a shine to the eggs) and start placing little pieces onto the egg. Overlap the pieces as you glue.

I found if I worked on one half of the egg at a time, and let it dry a bit in between, it was much easier to work with and not so sticky. I put them on wax paper while they dried.

Once they're dry, you can leave plain or decorate with stickles, buttons, ribbon, whatever you like.

Display them in a cute basket or bowl.

Hope you have a creative week!
Love, Steph