Make Everyday an Excellent Adventure - New Art & a New Way of Living

When I left my corporate job three years ago, one thing I promised myself was to enjoy life more. 
To jump off the never ending, always busy, no time to breathe, treadmill that unfortunately is most of our lives. 
Rest, relaxation and fun was something you tried to fit in when the work was done (and it never was)

 Oh the Places You'll Go - Dr. Suess

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventure.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things - Henry Miller


So I have since decided to try and make each day an Excellent Adventure. And make sure I schedule fun on my calendar, along with work, not just wait for "when things aren't so busy"

And you don't have to go anywhere to have an adventure. Adventures are big and small. Sometimes it's hitting the road to discover new places and sometimes you discover something in your own backyard or in a book or in a moment. It's just a matter of looking.

I would have loved to have learned this when I was getting ready to head off to college or start a new job. When our focus gets smaller and smaller until it's only the size of studying for our next exam or working on that next project, or staying later and later and later at our job, just to play catch up. (Hindsight is always 20/20). 

I worked on this piece on and off for several months and just hung it on the wall in my office 
 (to help remind me to get out of my office)


Hope you have an excellent adventure this week!
Love, Steph