Let's Get Organized! Labeling Your Electrical Panel


So I've been in learning mode with a few home fixes and one of them involved changing out some broken light switches.

Figuring out how to turn off the power was the number one rule (#safetyqueen) so I checked out the electric panel and realized between the teeny tiny markings on the panel and the electricians writing, I needed to organize (and be able to see) this better.

Quick Directions: Write down all the numbers and corresponding amp/circuit locations - (you'll probably need to use the magnifying feature on your phone or some sort of magnifying glass). Also measure and figure out what size you'll need your labels to be.


Print up some color coordinated labels - I used Avery 8465 Full Sheet Labels that I cut to size.



It made it so much easier to figure out things and will be super helpful should the power go out and I need to check on the panel.

Happy Organizing!

Steph