Create Your Own Customized Button Lampshade


I love me some buttons. I've got lots and lots and lots of them
(Can you have too many? I think not)
. I decided to spruce up a rather plain looking
lampshade with a few (more like 600) buttons.

 

For this project I wanted a variety of cream colored buttons in different sizes.
Headed over to Etsy and found just what I needed. 

Out came the glue gun. I have a love/hate relationship with my glue gun. Sometimes it is so sweet and helpful, and sometimes, when I'm not paying attention, it just burns the you know what out of me. You could also use tacky glue - you'll just have to hold the buttons in place for a little bit while they dry.

Learned (the hard way) it's easier to glue the shade and add the buttons to the
shade instead of putting the glue on the buttons directly. I put a row around the
bottom of the lamp and worked my way up staggering the sizes.

 As a final touch I tied a translucent ivory ribbon around it.
It weighs quite a bit so make sure to have a sturdy shade.


Have fun creating!