Home is Where Your Heart Is


I've discovered this to be so true when I moved last year. After living away from family for many, many years, I made the decision to move from a very big city (3 million+) to a sweet little town of 5000. As my folks grew older, I missed being near them. Even though we talked all the time, I wanted to be "in their lives" and have them be "in my life," not just for the big stuff, but for the everyday stuff.


My dad was facing greater health challenges and this big decision allowed me to be with him pretty much every day for the last six months of his life. 

My parents have always been the best cheerleaders in my life - always encouraging, always positive, always enthusiastic. I can only hope to be more like them - this blog is one way to share the joy they encourage me to see each day.

I created this sign from wood and paint and scrapbook paper. I even used the chop saw my dad taught me how to operate.

I hung this sign in my garage so I can see it each day when I leave my house and each day when I return. It's terrific reminder to look for the love and joy in each day.

Hope you find lots of love and joy today!